Nauticus Education Onsite/Outreach Programs Intern-Seasonal
Position Description: Intern will be responsible for assisting Educators with educational onsite and outreach programs. Onsite programs will be conducted throughout Nauticus and on the Battleship Wisconsin. Outreach programs will be conducted offsite to preK-8 audiences implementing our STEM to Stern curriculum to create engaging, impactful, and interactive learning experiences. Program topic areas include local marine ecosystems, naval power and technology, and maritime industry career exploration.
Roles/Responsibilities: Assist Educators presenting educational onsite and outreach programs. Develop public engagement skills by being motivated, energetic, and passionate about maritime education in an preK-8 school setting. Prep and inventory materials used in outreach programs. Assist Educators in implementing effective classroom management practices for preK-8 audiences.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be comfortable speaking with guests
- Must be on time and responsible
- Walk and climb ladders to upper and lower decks required
- Tolerate and navigate small spaces
- Capacity to withstand varying temperatures, slight rain, and wind
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- For outreaches, must be have a valid driver's license and provide own transportation
Nauticus Internships are voluntary, non-paid positions with no expectations for compensation.
Education Internship Position- Seasonal (Fall, Spring, or Summer)
Service Hours: Up to 40 hours/week based on offered programs and availability of intern
Shift Times: Varied times depending on offered programs for each week
Training- Start Day; decided upon intern availability
Please be prepared to provide cover letter and resume at time of interview.