Project Engineer Sterling, VA
Who is IX?
From breaking ground to the finished project, our team has been laying the groundwork for excellence on heavy civil construction and demolition projects for over 60 years. We combine innovations of industry with decades of successfully completed projects, proving we are a value-added partner from the ground up! Over six decades, Independence Excavating has established a team of construction professionals that sets us apart from other contractors.
What do we believe in?
Provide a safe, family-oriented environment. Commitment to integrity. Protect our most valuable assets.
Always deliver the highest quality. Find solutions. Provide value to our partners.
Positively impact the communities we serve. Give back. Leave the world a better place than we found it.
A Project Engineer is responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Read, understand and interpret drawings and specifications
- Solicit quotes from subcontractors and suppliers
- Review estimated productions with Superintendents to finalize the bid
- Prepare detailed schedule and maintain
- Assemble job cost codes for projects and regularly update
- Prepare the detail needed for the Project Manager to submit pay estimates to Owners
- Monitor production, resource utilization and overall job cost vs. estimated cost to maintain profit margin on projects
- Monitor and check the progress of project close-out activities such as punch list coordination, furnishing as-built drawings, providing O & M manuals and compiling final estimate / retainer billing
- Do you have what it takes?
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required and Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred
- 3-4 years previous related experience is required
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to handle the variety of tasks assigned
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally with employees, external vendors, owners and general contractors
- Demonstrated ability to manage budget, schedule, people, and quality of work at multiple construction sites
- Must be competent to performing complete and accurate project take offs and estimates
- Weekly Pay!
- Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- Life Insurance + Optional Family Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401(k) + Match
- Paid corporate training program
- Stability and a variety of different roles that provide a path to career advancement
- Family-owned and operated since 1956
Independence Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.