Cybersecurity Engineer – Embedded Systems - Energy Research
Job Description Summary
As a Cybersecurity Engineer – Embedded Systems, you will have the opportunity to architect and develop state-of-the-art embedded systems for real-time controls and communication applications as well as lead and contribute to R&D programs aligned with GE Vernova’s energy businesses such as Power Generation, Renewables, and Hydro as well as with U.S. Government Agencies such as the Department of Defense and the Department of Energy. The technologies developed under these programs will be matured and transitioned into GE business products. Are you ready to join our team of technology enthusiasts to help make GE’s industrial assets safer and more secure to protect the world’s most critical infrastructure?
Roles and Responsibilities:
Work with GE businesses to develop and transition cybersecurity technologies for embedded systems from early-stage lab demonstrations to fieldable prototypes.
- Work with hardware suppliers and engineering tool providers to identify the best solutions for the most challenging industrial and defense applications.
- Collaborate with universities, industrial consortiums, commercial partners, and others to advance the state of the art in OT cybersecurity for embedded systems.
- Lead and manage small- to medium-sized R&D projects or tasks.
- Publish technical papers, file patents, and contribute to open-source communities.
- Assist with the development of new business opportunities by contributing to or leading external proposals.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines OR Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
- Strong background in software development for embedded systems such as: computer architecture, Linux OS, network protocols
- Strong embedded programming skills such as: C/C++, Python, Bash/Shell
- Experience with Linux security and Linux driver development.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters or Bachelors level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Because of the specific categories of data handled by GE Research and the structure of our work environment, we are unable to accommodate employment of persons while they are considered nationals of embargoed countries subject to restriction under the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 CFR Section 746 et seq. (currently North Korea, Syria, Iran and Cuba). Please note that citizens of embargoed countries who have either “U.S. person” status under U.S. export control laws or subsequent citizenship from a non-embargoed country can be considered.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- Experience with hardware-based security (e.g., HSM, TPM, ARM TrustZone, Secure Boot, etc.).
- Working knowledge of cryptographic algorithms, protocols, or standards (e.g., TLS, X.509).
- Experience with embedded development in an RTOS environment (e.g., QNX, VxWorks, etc.).
- Experience with embedded Linux (e.g., Yocto) and firmware development.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com