Edison Rotational Program – Energy Industry Research & Development – Niskayuna, NY
Job Description Summary
Unlock your technology passion and kick start your career in the Energy Industry Research Edison Program. This early career rotational program is designed to grow your technical & leadership skills through challenging R&D assignments, formal training & education, and professional coaching & mentorship. In the Energy Industry Research Edison Program, you will collaborate with world-class researchers toward achieving our mission: to see, move, and create the future of the energy transition.
GE, the 130-year-old energy pioneer. Our unwavering commitment to powering the planet is now fully focused on the energy transition. No other company has the unique combination of expertise and innovation to pioneer what’s next – just as we have before. Our GE energy businesses—including Renewables, Power, Digital, and Energy Financial Services — are answering the call with renewed purpose and vigor as we make plans to come together under one banner to deliver a united, focused, one-of-a-kind force: GE Vernova.
The Energy Industry Research Edison Program will prepare you for an exciting career in technical research that will have real impact on the Energy business and customers around the world.
As a program member, you will:
• Work on 3 technical assignments over 2-3 years in a variety of R&D disciplines.
• Grow your technical expertise in your chosen field and expand your skills in new areas.
• Collaborate with diverse teams to develop innovative technologies for the energy industry
• Receive technical training, mentorship, and coaching from world-class technologists and experienced technical managers.
• Participate in leadership development training that enhances professional and entrepreneurial skills.
• Share technical accomplishments internally and externally through presentations, written reports, and IP disclosures.
Our Energy Research Organization is comprised of three (3) critical Missions and key technical capabilities:
- Decarbonization .. Carbon Capture, Hydrogen, Advanced Nuclear
- Renewables .. Next Gen Wind Technologies, Breakthrough Offshore Wind, Advanced Wind modeling & design, and Turbine performance & load optimization
- Electrification .. Grid digitization & modernization, Advanced distribution networks, Hybrid/Energy Storage, and Energy Security
- Our global technical capability areas include … Embedded Computing, Advanced Controls & Sensing, Electric Machines, Power Electronics & Systems, AI & Advanced Analytics, Computer Vision, Software & Robotics, Aero-thermal systems & modeling, Mechanical Design & Analysis, Advanced Manufacturing, Ceramics & Metallurgy, Coatings & Materials Modeling, Chemistry, Process & Characterization, and Ecosystems.
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM discipline.
• Relocation to Niskayuna, NY; this position is based in the GE Research office in Niskayuna, NY.
• Permanent legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Prior intern, co-op, or research experience.
• Passion for technology and engineering research and commitment to technical excellence.
• Analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to community involvement.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
• High level of adaptability and passion for learning.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com