MarineQuest Summer Programs Residential Assistant
Residential Assistants are required to live in the residential hall with MarineQuest students and offer a sense of family among participants. RAs will make sure that students are in bed at lights out and wake them up in the mornings. RAs take turns being on call each night after lights out in case of an emergency. RAs must live in the residential hall when on-duty. Preference is given to those with experience in residential life, specifically overnight youth programs.
- Supervise students ages 9 -17.
- Implement behavior management policies.
- Be present in the dorm during stated hours.
- Provide first aid if needed.
- Ensure student safety.
- Supervise and conduct room inspections/inventory as needed.
- Enforce lights-out and wake up time with students.
- In case of emergencies, must be able to be easily woken in the night.
- Walk students to breakfast every morning if applicable.
- Communicate with evening instructors and day instructors regarding student behavior and needs.
- Reports to Night Director.
- Previous experience with overnight youth programs is preferred.
- Summer school students are preferred.
- CPR/First Aid adult and child is required (must be obtained by June 5, 2023).
Terms of Employment:
- June 5 through July 30, 2023.
- Mandatory staff training during the week of June 5 through June 9, 2023.
- Usual paid work hours are from 9:30pm-11:00pm and 6:30am-8am (the following morning) at a rate starting at $8.50/hr. Some weekend shifts are required.
- Compensation includes room/housing and breakfasts provided while on-duty.
- Employment is subject to a criminal and Homeland Security background check.
***Schedule subject to change based on enrollment and public health guidelines at time of program***