*Requirement: We currently aren’t accepting VISA sponsored students due the clearance requirement. US Citizen OR Green Card Residency is required for the clearance level for this internship*
Role/Title: Technical Intern
Priority# High – Immediate Hire
iCatalyst, Inc. is an agile solution-oriented business and technology solutions company serving as a trusted partner and advisor to multiple federal and commercial customers since 2007. We are appraised at Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) ML3 in Software Development and our systems are International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 (Quality Management) and ISO 27001:2013 (Information Security) certified. Our expertise and primary support is in areas of Program Management, Software Development, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Enterprise Architecture, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence, and Cyber Security.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Intern to join our program team and help build a Natural Language Processing (NLP) based semantic engine for a federal customer.
- Attend Daily Stand-up meeting and weekly retrospectives.
- Assist with manual cleaning of documents, add Section tags (<S/>), Paragraph Tags (<P/>), etc. to documents using Visual Studio Code – Insiders.
- Ensure Tab Text files are exact match to source documents.
- Complete Self/Peer-Reviews following deployment to the application.
- Learns and becomes proficient using Visual Studio Code Insiders
- Engages with staff and provides support on tasks.
- Training will be provided to candidates to successfully achieve above responsibilities.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- The ability to use or learn Visual Studio Code Insiders, or similar platform.
- Majoring in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in others.
- Recent graduate BA/BS majoring in a STEM degree area or currently enrolled in master’s degree in a STEM program.
- High School Diploma or GED with 3 years of relevant experience
Location: Mclean, VA/Remote
Position Type/ Hours: Internship / 20-30 hours per week for approximately 6 months
Contract/Customer: Federal Agency
Other: Candidates will be given a letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the program