Database Software Engineer Intern
Introduction – Job Mission
The mission of the Software Engineer is to create an in-house configuration management database application and the client interface. This application uses SQL Server and interfaces to our software test tools, and will be utilized as the Central Configuration Database for the Laser Specifications.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
· Understand and interpret data in a relational database context.
· Conceptualize and translate user requirements to database/software solutions.
· Implement database change ensuring performance and data integrity.
· Understand user interface design concepts and database connectivity.
· Generate required documentation: software design specification, interfaces specification.
· Participate in software requirements and software design reviews.
· Understand the software development process, from requirements to release.
Education and Experience
· Requires minimum of at least 3 years completed in pursuit of BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related Data Science fields.
· Experience / education in SQL Server or other relational database development.
· Experience / education in client user interface development.
· Experience / education in LabVIEW programming desired but not mandatory.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to write technical and status reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
· Demonstrated high level of accountability, responsibility, and technical competence
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
· Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
· Can learn and apply new information or skills.
· Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
· Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
· Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
· Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
· Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
· Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
· Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
· Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
· Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
· May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.