Internship 2023 - Enterprise Project Management
BNSF Logistics is a technology and people-driven third-party logistics company that delivers what matters – to our people, our customers, our carriers, and our communities. BNSF Logistics is a place where diverse talent works together every day in an inclusive way to create and implement the best ideas to help us DELIVER WHAT MATTERS. We achieve this through our commitment to our Guiding Principles which helps us create the ultimate competitive advantage in the marketplace.
We PROTECT THE WELL-BEING OF OURSELVES AND OTHERS
We DRIVE INNOVATION AND EMBRACE TRANSFORMATION
We RESPECT AND SERVE EVERYONE
We KEEP OUR COMMITMENTS
We FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
We CELEBRATE AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
The Entriprise Project Management Office (EPMO) Intern will have the opportunity to work on projects and deliverables across the enterprise. Projects will span from department, to Corporate Priority/Objective, to Enterprise. In this role we are looking for our intern to gain an understanding and knowledge of Project Management, Business Analysis and Change Management as they carry our various work through all areas. On leaving we would like for this individual to have a great understanding of the roles we have in our PMO and the work that is handled by each of those roles.
In this exciting opportunity as an intern, you will enjoy:
- Full-time, paid work
- 1:1 mentorship
- Intern specific events & projects
- Career development
- Peer & senior level networking
- Opportunity to participate in Employee Resource Groups
The EPMO Intern will either work out of our Springdale or Dallas offices but will communicate / connect with and handle work for people across the company. Through their interactions on the projects that they interface with, they will learn about our profession as well as the logistics industry.
Daily activities will include:
- Touch bases for projects and team
- Project Intake, Portfolio reviews, Project meetings, Team Meetings
- 1:1 Mentor / Buddy touch bases (potentially daily)
- Intern Specific Events & Projects
- Peer & Senior Level Networking
- Building relationships with business partners across the company that they interact with
- Potential for configuring within our Project Management Information System (PMIS)
- BA: Gathering requirements for projects in the planning stage, developing as it and to be process documentation, problem solving, etc.
- PM: Driving project deliverables, building project plans, learning our software development lifecycle and project lifecycle, assessing risk, using Shibumi, developing project KPI’s, etc.
- CM: developing change plans, resistance management, communication plans, sustainment planning, training plans, impact analysis, etc.
Goal: leave with a good understanding of the roles we leverage in our BNSF Logistics EPMO and the activities those roles participate in and the artifacts they produce for the projects they work on.
- Currently pursuing a degree in business administration or other business related field (interest in project management, business analysis, or change management).
- Ability to think logically through business interactions and process enabling problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to ineract with internal customers/partners.
- A high degree of interest in learning and desire for coaching.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be perform duties outside of normal requirements from time to time.
BNSF Logistics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.