Spring Co-op/Drug Discovery
The GlaxoSmithKline US Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) organization is responsible for delivery of key DMPK support (in vitro, pharmacokinetic, and bioanalytical) to help drive early drug discovery programs. Within that structure, the US discovery in vitro team is responsible for delivering in vitro DMPK results with a focus on high quality and rapid turnaround. A key remit of DMPK organization is to regularly perform a range of standardized enzymology and cellular based in vitro assays to support global in vitro DMPK strategy using both manual and automated assay formats. In addition, the US in vitro group will be exploring opportunities to further optimize current ways of working which will require validation efforts for different assays.
This position will allow the selected candidate to:
- Perform standard in vitro DMPK studies including but not limited to intrinsic clearance, protein binding, permeability, etc., in various matrices using both manual and automated assay formats
- Work closely with in vitro staff to investigate/validate/implement in vitro DMPK assays to support global in vitro strategy
- Assist in optimizing automated assay workflows
- Analyze, interpret, and present data to DMPK staff
- Pursuing a degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, or similar discipline.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 6 month co-op.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Experience with pipetting and track record of good laboratory practices
- Basic understanding of Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetic, or Bioanalytical principles
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Must provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.
- If your skillsets are a match for this role, you will be contacted by our recruitment team with next steps to complete our internal World of GSK Assessment.
- Please note, you must receive a passing score to move forward in the interview process. Once your assessment is complete, a recruiter will review your results and be in touch with next steps.
If you are hired for an on-site role, you will be required to provide Atrium with proof of COVID-19 Vaccination as a part of the on-boarding process on behalf of GSK. GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical, or disability-related reasons.