Winter Co-op/Drug Product Development
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your Biopharma process development, data modeling, and project management skills? If so, this Drug Substance Specialist co-op role in a rapidly growing, empowered, innovative and agile Strategic External Development (SED) organization developing transformative medicines within a vibrant GSK Boston hub could be an ideal opportunity to explore. SED is a highly experienced Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) organization accountable for delivering robust, cost effective and competitive products and manufacturing processes spanning the full life-cycle of asset development from Discovery through commercialization.
As a Drug Substance Specialist, you will contribute to the development of the company's specialty drug products and/or development of SED’s internal processes.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to develop tools for Cost of Goods (COG) modeling and data management, and grow your project management skills, while gaining knowledge of biopharma processes and product development. Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop digital tool for COG (Cost of Goods) modeling for drug substance manufacturing, including evaluation of various CDMO (Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization) partners
- Establish a database for CDMO capacities and capabilities
- Development/Optimization/Management of CDMO technical data and document repository
- Schedule relevant meetings, prepare agendas and issue minutes.
- May participate in document review, data integrity checks, report writing
- May be involved in additional innovative technology evaluation and identify technology trends in the field, facilitate team functioning and/or ERG (Employees Resource Group) events/initiatives
- Develop knowledge of Biopharma process development and manufacturing, technology transfer, cGMP, and CDMO partnership management
- Pursuing a Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related scientific disciplines.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 6 month co-op.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program without being enrolled in further education. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel or other equivalent modeling software/tool
- Experience/understanding of biopharma process development and manufacturing
- Ability to collect, analyze and draw conclusions from data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with others and excel as a team member
- Strong learning agility and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills. Maintaining a high level of productivity and ability to set priorities
- Exhibits high initiative, strong drive and follow-through
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Must provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.
- If your skillsets are a match for this role, you will be contacted by our recruitment team with next steps to complete our internal World of GSK Assessment.
- Please note, you must receive a passing score to move forward in the interview process. Once your assessment is complete, a recruiter will review your results and be in touch with next steps.
If you are hired for an on-site role, you will be required to provide Atrium with proof of COVID-19 Vaccination as a part of the on-boarding process on behalf of GSK. GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical, or disability-related reasons.