Beam is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented co-op student with experience in an exciting and dynamic scientific setting. This person will work closely with members of the hematology group to perform cell culture and functional cell assays, molecular biology assays, and biological data management. A successful candidate will be a team player who is scientifically curious, collaborative and is able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Designing, planning, and executing in vitro and in vivo studies with primary human CD34+s and murine HSPCs.
- Culturing and manipulating cell lines and HSPCs from human and mouse primary sources and conducting in vitro differentiation of primary HSPCs.
- Generating, analyzing and interpreting flow cytometry, NGS, and other data.
- Presenting data and findings to internal scientific groups.
- Maintaining detailed documentation of experiments in ELN system.
- Pursuing a BS or MS in a biological science or related field with at least 1-2 years of hands-on laboratory experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and sterile technique is required, including cell line expansion, maintenance, cryopreservation and manipulation.
- Experience with flow cytometry, qPCR, DNA and RNA extraction, transfections, electroporations, western blotting is desired.
- Familiarity with programs such as GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, and other molecular biology software/tools for data entry and analysis as well as well as PowerPoint for presentation.
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented scientist with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills towards multi-tasking in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.