Winter Co-op/Product Technology
Biopharm Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MSAT) Department is a highly experienced team with backgrounds in sciences, engineering and manufacturing accountable for delivering robust, cost effective and competitive products and manufacturing processes. The aim is to provide successful technical transfers, reduce the cost of goods through yield improvements using the continuous improvement framework, technical support for manufacturing and continuous process verification.
An opportunity has arisen for a co-op. In this role, you will be a member of a highly skilled team of scientists and engineers responsible for providing technical expertise and optimization of cell culture and purification processes. The role will have extensive interface with manufacturing. You will be working onsite within a matrix team and therefore the role will suit a co-op with good interpersonal skills, ability to solve complex problems, is self-motivated and has an open mindset.
As a co-op, you will be working on updating process description documentation, support the execution of validation protocols/reports, participate in continuous process verification, identify potential process problems and support continuous improvement and change projects.
Toward this end, throughout the co-op the candidate is expected to:
- Update process description documentation and support in the writing of technical reports
- Support root cause analysis and deviations
- Monitor the process and identify potential process problems
- Reduce cost of good through continuous improvement
- Pursuing a degree in Biological or Chemical Science, Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or equivalent technical disciplines.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 6 month co-op.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Candidate with previous biotechnology experience relating to areas such as mammalian cell culture, purification techniques, process design/understanding, and operation/design of engineering equipment (fermentation, cell culture, protein purification) and/or laboratory experience
- Support campaign readiness activities to ensure success of upcoming campaign/ release of batches
- Assisting with process investigations and data mining from a variety of sources, checking and conducting entry of data, running reports of in-process data trends, creating data visualizations, and designing data collection forms
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Must provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.
- If your skillsets are a match for this role, you will be contacted by our recruitment team with next steps to complete our internal World of GSK Assessment. Please note, you must receive a passing score to move forward in the interview process. Once your assessment is complete, a recruiter will review your results and be in touch with next steps.
If you are hired for an on-site role, you will be required to provide Atrium with proof of COVID-19 Vaccination as a part of the on-boarding process on behalf of GSK. GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.