Co-Op - Protein Conjugates
Job Description - Bio Drug Development Co-Op (2211840)
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Bio Drug Development Co-Op -2211840
Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics Co-Op- Ridgefield, CT
Relocation Stipend Eligible
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
· Learn experimental bioconjugation chemistry for highly precise conjugation of proteins including conjugation, purification, and characterization techniques.
· Perform literature research to support current methods and protocols.
· Summarize project results and conclusions in internal report and/or external poster/publication.
· Present project results and conclusions to the reagent team and other DMPK groups.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge in Chemistry and/or Biochemistry is required
· Previous experience in protein expression/purification is highly preferred
· UV-VIS experience is preferred
· Previous experience in protein conjugation is preferred
· Previous experience in characterization of proteins preferred
· AKTA (or Biorad systems) experience preferred
· Data analysis experience preferred
- Must be a Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.0 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
- Major must be related to the field of internship-Science, Chemistry/Biochemistry
- Strong ability to multi-task and willingness to work effectively in highly collaborative and diverse environment
Compensation: This position offers an hourly rate typically between $17/ hour and $30/ hour commensurate to the level of degree program in which an applicant is actively enrolled. For an overview of our benefits please click here.