2023 Clinical Trial Operations Externship
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
AbbVie EXCEL Externship (Externship for Cultivating Emerging Leaders)
The AbbVie EXCEL Externship is a three-day immersive experience for sophomore students interested in future internships with AbbVie. Students will join us at AbbVie's Headquarters in Lake County, IL during the Summer of 2023 to:
- Get immersed in AbbVie’s culture
- Gain hands-on experience in a variety of key business areas
- Build an extended network of AbbVie representatives, senior leaders, and students from across the country
- Participate in cross-functional professional development opportunities
- Learn more about AbbVie’s career opportunities
- Be considered for an internship for the following summer
AbbVie will provide travel, transportation, and lodging for eligible students.
Clinical Trial Operations Overview
The AbbVie Excel Externship in Clinical Trial Operations serves as a key talent pipeline for our Clinical Trial Operations AbbVie Internship Program. Externship participants are strongly considered for Internship opportunities within Clinical Trial Operations for the following year.
Clinical Trials are required before a new compound can be available for use by patients. A clinical study in human volunteers is conducted to answer specific health questions: Is it safe? Does it work? Is it better than what is currently offered to patients? At AbbVie, Clinical Operations conducts/manages clinical trials and provides therapeutically aligned, scientific strategy and operations management for the planning, execution and reporting of clinical development programs to enable successful global registration and commercialization of drug development projects.
The following functional areas that support Clinical Operations will be highlighted during the Externship experience:
- Clinical Study Leadership
- Clinical Site Management
- Data & Statistical Sciences / Digital Science
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date between August 2024 - July 2025
- Majoring in or strong interest / exploring opportunities in: Life Sciences (Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry), or related field; Statistics, Data Sciences, Computer Science, or related field; Engineering (Bioengineering, Biomedical, Chemical); Pharmaceutical Sciences, Neuroscience, or related field
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, and integrity
- Business mindset and excellent communication, leadership, project management, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Microsoft Excel or other database experience is a plus
Interested in learning more about our Clinical Trials? Please visit our Clinical Trial Homepage: https://www.clinicaltrialsandme.com/
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.