2023 Summer STEM Internships at Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research
A Summer of Science!
This internship is fully funded with salary, student housing, and travel covered to/from our Cambridge, Massachusetts site— we recruit talented students from all over the US.
Our ten-week Summer Internship Program provides research training opportunities for top-tier undergraduate students who have minimal exposure to industry research.
This program enables students to gain research experience that enhances their preparation for careers in biomedical research and application to top graduate and professional programs. Interns will learn about Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research (NIBR)’s approaches to patient-driven research as they work on their own research project under the guidance of a NIBR scientist mentor at our research facilities in Cambridge, Massachusetts. NIBR's research covers many disease, science, and technology areas that allow us to closely match each intern’s specific interests with one of our labs.
Inclusion of the broadest slate of talent is very important to us. We encourage applications from talented individuals who are currently underserved in the sciences.
- first-generation college students
- socioeconomically disadvantaged students
- individuals with learning differences
- under-represented minorities in the sciences.
Click the green "Apply Externally" button at the top right to be taken to our internship webpage. Please read carefully through the eligibility requirements and program benefits before applying.
The link to the applications portal where you will apply is in the "A Summer of Science Internship" section on our webpage. Applications close on DECEMBER 31st.
Just imagine performing research at a leading global pharmaceutical corporation while gaining practical experience, personal development, and contributing to the search for new disease therapies. Come reimagine medicine with us and apply today!
Intern Job Responsibilities:
• Attend on-boarding and orientation training sessions
• Plan, design, and execute a research project as agreed upon by the Novartis scientist mentor
• Attend and actively engage in Summer Intern professional development sessions
• Present research project at an end of program poster session
• Adhere to all Novartis policies