Data Engineering Internship- Summer 2023
*Please apply through external link*
AIM Specialty Health (AIM) is a leading specialty benefit management company with more than 20 years of experience and a growing presence in the management of radiology, cardiology, oncology, sleep medicine, and specialty pharmacy benefits.
A Data Engineer Intern will be responsible for engaging in challenging projects evolving around the rapidly changing healthcare tech industry. Interns will be paired with industry professionals and mentors and will be given opportunities to stretch their skills and enrich their knowledge base to achieve a greater understanding within Technology.
How you will make an impact:
· Optimizing, developing, and maintaining integration solutions using Data Integration framework as necessary to connect to data warehouse, and data lakes
· Developing, maintaining, and optimizing all effort related to maintenance of Data Warehouse objects
· Creating data warehouse components using best practices methodologies
· Performing data conversion from transactional systems\applications to data lake and edw using tools ETL\ELT tools DataStage\Informatica\Kafka\streaming services
· Identifying and analyzing data discrepancies and data quality issues and work to ensure data consistency and integrity is maintained
· Troubleshooting data related issues and come up with possible solutions\recommendations
· Developing and deploying DWH job workflow with reliable error\exception handling and rollback
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in applied math, statistics, scientific computing, data and analytics, business analytics, or related field with a graduation date at an accredited university
· Ability to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the Summer 2023 internship
· Advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint and Word