2023 L’Oréal USA Research & Innovation Summer Internship - Undergraduate
2023 L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program – Research & Innovation – Undergraduate
At L'Oréal, whether you are an intern, manager, or senior leader, the most valuable asset we have is you. Your unique sense of curiosity, creative mindset, and desire to innovate are what we expect you to bring with you every day.
The L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program is a paid, 11-week experience where you will be fully integrated into the day-to-day activities of a team while also leading your own, individual strategic project to discover what it is truly like to develop a career at the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world. We are committed to giving our interns the space to explore, to have full time employee responsibilities, present their own insights to senior management, and to become future leaders. At the end of the summer, you will present your project to senior leadership for the opportunity to be considered for a full-time return offer into a Management Trainee program or a full-time role.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is highly encouraged to apply soon. We encourage students of diverse backgrounds to apply, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender expression, LGBTQ+, military status, and people with disabilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Become immersed in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment disrupting conventional wisdom on how our consumers buy our products
- Gain industry experience working in a laboratory environment
- Work on creative and resourceful solutions to issues that arise with product development, product performance and product innovation
- Develop working relationships with cross-functional teams, labs, and international colleagues to ensure breadth of individual project
- Gain exposure of trends in the beauty market, as well as in the literature/research field
- Fully own an individual project with strategic business impact that you will present to senior management
Who You Are:
Currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation between December 2023 – July 2024 in:
- Chemistry (Physical, Polymer, or Organic)
- Engineering (Chemical, Biomedical or Mechanical)
- Biological Sciences
- Material Science
- Able to start working fulltime starting July 2024 upon graduation with your bachelor’s degree
- Legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime, permanent, and ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Willing to relocate to our Research & Innovation offices in Clark, NJ for the internship program
Stand Out Qualifications:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a total GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Available to work the entirety of the 11-week summer internship program in 2023
- Showcased ability to work in a professional, dynamic environment through previous internship or relevant work experience. This includes part-time work, work study, side-gigs, freelancing, volunteering, summer work, or internships
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interest in Research through your academics, extra-curricular activities, or professional/volunteer work
- Established self-awareness, in terms of understanding your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege and stereotypes
Skills Key to Success in Research & Innovation:
- Experience working in a laboratory environment, through internships, university coursework, extra-curricular activities, part-time work, etc.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience in order to present out key research findings
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and display a sense of urgency and initiative, while balancing creativity and flexibility
- This is a paid internship opportunity. Housing assistance is provided on an individual basis based on eligibility per our L'Oréal Relocation Policy.
You will be placed onto an R&I team within one of the following areas:
- Application Domain (Applied Science)
- Development (Formulation Science)
- Advanced Research
- Analytical Chemistry
- Technology Incubator
- All interns will be paired with a mentor and buddy to help guide you through your internship
- Professional development & social programming is an integral part of your internship experience to understand our culture. From networking events to trainings, your calendar will always be full!
- There are many perks to being a summer intern, but two standout ones are access to our company store that has steep discounts on L’Oreal products and our Summer Friday program – every Friday during your internship is a half day!
- Our summer internship is the primary path for consideration into L’Oréal’s full-time Research & Innovation Management Trainee Program upon graduation and is based on overall performance
Being a member of the L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program, you will feel empowered to contribute in tangible, meaningful ways from day one because in an organization founded on entrepreneurism and agility, your ideas are not only heard and valued, but they are often put into implementation, too. As the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world with over 35 international brands – CeraVe, Kiehl’s, Maybelline, and Urban Decay to name just a few – we embrace diversity and inclusion, sustainability, innovation, and well-being in the workplace to lay the groundwork for you to be able to accomplish great things. You can explore our internship program and hear directly from our past interns at lorealoncampus.com.
Freedom to go beyond, that’s the beauty of L’Oréal - Are you ready?
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal’s business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal’s dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its €29.87B business, encompassing over 35 brands, around the globe. In the US, we have 12,000 employees working collaboratively across 14 states to build leading edge technologies, launch highly personalized products, reimagine consumer experiences, and develop creative solutions to reduce our environmental footprint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.