AI Summer 2023 Intern
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 69615
Skyworks is a prominent semiconductor and technology company that is empowering the wireless networking revolution, connecting people, places, and things around the world. We are looking for a current student who is available to work full-time in our Hillsboro, Oregon office as part of our summer 2023 internship program. You will be working with our AI group to help research and develop cutting-edge speech and signal processing algorithms on edge devices. As part of this team, you will share responsibility for some of the following tasks:
- Development of neural networks.
- Analyze neural network efficiency and performance.
- Optimize neural networks using a variety of techniques including weight pruning and quantization
- Port to and test neural networks on microprocessors and other constrained devices.
- Develop neural network based real-time audio algorithms
- Research state of the art neural networks in the audio domain
Many of the following skills will be necessary for success in this role:
- Experience with at least one deep learning framework (preferable Tensorflow)
- Understanding of common neural network layer types and their mathematical operations
- Development of algorithms that are optimized for both memory and computational efficiency
- Programming in Python and C/C++ (preferably experience with embedded programming)
- Knowledge of bit level representations for integer and float types
- Conceptual understanding of computer architecture, memory and caching
- Familiarity with audio/speech/music signals
- Proficient in Linux (Ubuntu)
- Desire to write clean, maintainable code
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Must be enrolled as a degree seeking student. No courses should be taken during the internship unless required by your school. Preferable enrolled in a master's or PhD program in a STEM related field that involves programming (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics). Bachelor students will be considered if they have professional experience or personal projects applying neural networks to solve complex programs, and/or advanced embedded programming.
Why join us?
We passionately believe that by working at Skyworks Audio Solutions, you will be joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the Semiconductor Industry. You will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on execution, global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect.
We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and want to invite you to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.