Study Technician - Anatomical Pathology Summer Intern
**You must complete the application after clicking apply externally**
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2023 Global Internship Program as a Study Technician - Anatomical Pathology Intern in Greenfield, Indiana!
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group ‘coffee chats’.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Teams:
- In this lab-based role you you’ll collect, document and manage data that includes animal observations, test material administration and clinical samples and will work with animal samples and tissues daily.
What to Expect:
To collect, document, and manage pertinent data including clinical sample collection and basic necropsy and histology post-life procedures in compliance with appropriate SOP, Protocol, and Regulatory Agency guidelines. Must learn and know applicable anatomic terms.
- Trains in basic duties of necropsy/DART and/or basic duties of histology
- Learns applicable anatomic terms and the use of scientific language
- Learns to perform various methods of euthanasia on multiple species according to USDA regulations (if applicable)
- Participates in quality controls and assures correction of errors (incl. documentation)
- Participates in monitoring and tracking resources (e.g., equipment, rooms, study supplies)
- Utilizes computer programs (forms and procedure generation) and systems (data capture)
- Demonstrates ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Adapts techniques to new procedures or particular needs as directed
- Learns how to interpret a study protocol
- Understands the need to be open to changes in processes, culture, and workload demands
- Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment
- Maintains client confidentiality at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Working towards degree in Biology, Chemistry, Animal Science, or related life sciences