Immunology & Immunotoxicology Intern - Internship
**You must complete the application after clicking apply externally**
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2023 Global Internship Program as a Immunology & Immunotoxicology Intern in Somerset, NJ!
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, and are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group ‘coffee chats’.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team:
The Immunology and Immunotoxicology (I&I) department provides a range of Immunology-based services, focusing on cell-based assays, immunoassays, and/or flow cytometry, for clients including the processing or isolation of samples, collection of data, data analysis, and generation of study reports.
Internship Assignment Summary:
- Learns to document work and laboratory records in compliance with GLP and SOP requirements
- Provides input and participates in project meetings
- Performs QC review of data, when necessary
- Contributes towards a cohesive team environment
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment
- Plans individual workload with the help of trainer and team members
- Reviews own documentation to ensure accuracy and reconstructability
- Works to solve problems independently, contacting senior staff and managers for clarification as needed
- Communicates project results in a clear and concise manner to mgmt. and training staff
- Responsible for entry and accuracy of individual project/study documentation
- Seeks to help develop improvement ideas for the group, with senior personnel or Management
- Willing to learn additional responsibilities when opportunities are presented.
- Learns to assist with standard laboratory assays
- Must be a enrolled in undergraduate university working towards a bachelor’s degree
- Excellent customer service skills including attention to detail, accuracy, confidentiality, and effective communication skills
- Conscientious, disciplined, flexible and adaptable, having a sense of responsibility and to ensure that work is performed accurately and precisely and in a timely manner