Design Verification Mixed Signal Summer 2023 Intern
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 69423
External Job Title: Design Verification Mixed Signal 2023 Intern
About the Business Unit
The Skyworks DAS/AIS teams is designing the most advanced next generation System-on-Chip solutions targeted for consumer audio electronics applications such as wired/wireless gaming headsets, wireless gaming controllers and ultra-low power mobile audio devices. Our semiconductor devices are highly integrated mixed-signal audio processing SoC’s which combine breakthrough ultra-low power analog circuits, high-efficiency power management and custom hardware accelerators for smart acoustic signal processing and AI features. Our proprietary technology achieves the highest level of integration in the industry and sets a new performance standard for low power consumption in a minimal footprint.
You will work alongside a dedicated team of engineers who are responsible for verifying the design intent of analog circuits in a mixed-signal SoC (system on chip) prior to silicon fabrication. You will learn the techniques used in industry today to verify these complex systems using a variety of techniques.
By the end of your experience with Skyworks you will be exposed to one or more of the following areas:
- Investigate methodologies for verifying mixed-signal circuits
- Creating abstract models of analog circuits using SystemVerilog
- Developing test scenarios for analog systems
- Using analytical methods to verify mixed signal design functionality
- Writing scripts in languages such as Perl or Python
Qualification and Education Requirements
- Existing student with BSEE completing graduate (MSEE) degree
- Basic understanding of analog circuits (PLLs, ADC, DAC, LDO)
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
- Professional, team oriented and self-driven
- Verification mindset – Curiosity, Persistence, Creativity, Organization
- Familiarity with SPICE simulators
- Familiarity with the Cadence Virtuoso suite of tools
- Proficient in scripting languages (TCL, Csh)
- Industry or academic experience using SystemVerilog in mixed-signal simulations
Why join us?
We passionately believe that by working at Skyworks Audio Solutions, you will be joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the Semiconductor Industry. You will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on execution, global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect.
We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and want to invite you to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.