Design Verification Summer 2023 Intern
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 69422
External Job Title: Design Verification Summer 2023 Intern
About the Business Unit
The Skyworks DAS/AIS teams is designing the most advanced next generation System-on-Chip solutions targeted for consumer audio electronics applications such as wired/wireless gaming headsets, wireless gaming controllers and ultra-low power mobile audio devices. Our semiconductor devices are highly integrated mixed-signal audio processing SoC’s which combine breakthrough ultra-low power analog circuits, high-efficiency power management and custom hardware accelerators for smart acoustic signal processing and AI features. Our proprietary technology achieves the highest level of integration in the industry and sets a new performance standard for low power consumption in a minimal footprint.
You will work alongside a dedicated team of engineers who will support you with understanding and proving the design intent of our newest products prior to silicon fabrication. You will learn to use industry standard tools and methods to simulate the system behavior and verify the design for functional correctness.
By the end of your experience with Skyworks you will have exposure in one or more of the following areas:
- Identifying functional requirements from design and technical documentation
- Defining input stimuli required to observe the functional behavior in a design
- Reducing functional requirements to expected output behavior
- Writing methods for comparing actual behavior to expected behavior
- Design, modify and/or reuse verification simulation environments to implement a test plan
- Learn to measure verification quality using coverage metrics
- Learn to use constrained random simulation techniques to improve coverage
- Understand how to use metric driven techniques to completely verify a design or sub-system
Qualification and Education Requirements
- Existing student completing undergraduate (BSEE) or graduate (MSEE) degree
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
- Professional, team oriented and self-driven
- Verification mindset – Curiosity, Persistence, Creativity, Organization
- Proficient in object-oriented programming (C++, Python)
- Industry or academic experience with Verilog or SystemVerilog
- Industry or academic experience using UVM verification frameworks
- Understanding of audio systems
- Knowledge of digital signal processing fundamentals
Why join us?
We passionately believe that by working at Skyworks Audio Solutions, you will be joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the Semiconductor Industry. You will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on execution, global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect.
We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and want to invite you to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.