Product Strategy and Analytics Summer Internship - Corporate (Hybrid)
Our Product Strategy and Analytics Internship will provide a hands-on experience in a challenging, interesting, and rewarding environment. Qualified interns will experience different functions of our Product Management department, including working on product strategy, product development, and competitive intelligence.
As an intern, you will be provided the opportunity to directly impact GEICO's business metrics by working alongside product managers to develop and execute growth and profitability strategies for our insurance business. You will be responsible for looking creatively at business problems and working on long-term projects throughout the summer. Towards the end of your internship, you will present your findings and recommendations to senior management and officers.
Starting from day one, your work will have an impact, forming the basis for truly transformative solutions. If you have a passion for problem solving and you are
interested in making a real contribution at the 2nd largest auto insurer in the United States, then a GEICO Product Strategy and Analytics Internship within Product Management may be the right fit for you!
During this paid 10-week summer internship, you will:
1. Research creative ways to assess risk
2. Understand and more accurately predict customer behavior and the likelihood of a claim
3. Work on strategic and analytical projects that will impact GEICO’s growth and profitability results
4. Query large datasets via SQL/SAS and organize and analyze metrics and key performance indicators in Excel
5. Develop and present projects to senior management
6. Learn how GEICO collaborates with state insurance departments and regulators
7. Meet regularly with Product Managers and Senior Leaders in one-on-one Mentor meetings
Qualifications and Skills
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in one of the following fields of study: Economics, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related major
- Candidates must be rising seniors by the start of internship
- Cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 or higher
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and creative thinking abilities
- Demonstrated analytical, mathematical, and data management skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and some additional programming skills
- Ability to live and work in the Washington DC area this summer. Interns who meet geographical requirement may qualify for housing stipend.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.