PA Design Winter/Spring 2023 Co-Op
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 69444
The Diversified Analog Solutions team located in Irvine, California is home to Skyworks' design center for RF front-end solutions and power amplifiers infrastructure applications and has a challenging opportunity for an University Student available for a 6 month work term (January - June 2023). The successful university student (candidate) will report to a hiring engineering manager. As a PA Design Co-Op student you will apply sound engineering skills to a variety of task and project assignments in the area of electronics, design engineering, and semiconductor component test development.
Contributing to the research and development of advanced analog and RF integrated circuits for Small cell and MIMO infrastructure applications.
- Circuit simulation, lab testing of circuits, presentation of design expectations/results, and participation in design reviews.
- Assist in new product engineering and design activities.
- Assist in new product testing and characterization, tuning, and microsurgery.
- Assisting full time engineering group members with their project assignments.
- Completion of a small silicon, GaAs, or GaN IC design project.
- Currently enrolled in a BS, MS, or Ph.D. academic program (Electrical Engineering or related)
- Working experience with RF Test Equipment (e.g. Signal Generators, Network Analyzer, RF Spectrum Analyzer, etc.)
- Knowledge of electronic circuits and principles.
- An interest and aptitude in the art of RF/microwave and analog circuit design and measurement.
- An interest and aptitude in semiconductor device physics and integrated circuit design.
- Desirable knowledge/experience includes familiarity with ADS, Momentum, HFSS, Cadence, SPICE, or similar design tools.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel and Word) and have an aptitude for quickly learning other company-specific software.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Good communication, organization, and documentation skills.
Why join us?
We passionately believe that by working at Skyworks Audio Solutions, you will be joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the Semiconductor Industry. You will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on execution, global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect.
We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and want to invite you to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.