RF Design & Characterization Winter/Spring 2023 Co-Op
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 69440
The Diversified Analog Solutions team located in Andover, MA is the design center for semiconductor solutions that enable wireless communication across a broad range of end markets and applications. We have a challenging opportunity for a University Student available for a 6 month work term (January 2023 to June 2023). The successful university student (candidate) will report to a senior engineering mentor assigned to them. As an RF Design and Characterization Co-op student you will be working with a team of IC design engineers to evaluate and design advanced IP blocks such as PA, LNA, Switch, and other RF components for use in future products. During this co-op you will utilize a variety of simulation, measurement, and analytical tools to accomplish tasks. You will present the results of your measurement and development efforts to the Design Teams as well as provide design and layout recommendations to the RFIC designers on such structures.
- Development of circuit and layout enhancements based on experimental data
- Simulation of RF circuit blocks including EM model creation
- Small signal characterization of RF devices using a probe station and a VNA
- Thermal and large signal RF characterization of RF designs using RF test equipment & IR microscopy
- Analysis of measurement data to guide design revisions
- Optimization of device layouts and generation of future experiments using Cadence Virtuoso
- Must be currently enrolled in a MS or PhD program in electrical engineering with emphasis on RF/Microwave design.
- Able to commit to the Winter/Spring Co-op program which runs January to June 2023.
- Motivated and inquisitive. The position will require innovative and critical thinking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiar with fundamental RF concepts, FET transistor operation, and general IC design
- Familiar with RF simulation using EDA tools such as Cadence or ADS
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Why join us?
We passionately believe that by working at Skyworks Audio Solutions, you will be joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the Semiconductor Industry. You will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on execution, global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect.
We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and want to invite you to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.