Ceramic Engineering Winter/Spring 2023 Co-op
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 69413
Ceramic Engineering Co-Op
The Engineering team at Skyworks RF Ceramics, located in Adamstown, Maryland, is responsible for the development and manufacture of Advanced Technical Ceramics for a variety of applications across several industries, including 5G Wireless Communications, Aerospace, Military & Defense, Medical, Battery Technology, SOFCs and other Advanced Technologies. The Process Engineering team works closely with R&D to develop new Ceramic Materials in support of these technology sectors and along with Manufacturing Operations, deliver world-class quality products to the market.
We are seeking an Engineering Student to join our Process Engineering team and support on-going development and manufacture of Advanced Technical Ceramic products by assisting Manufacturing Operations and the Process Engineering Department perform various Engineering related tasks, such collecting and compiling process data, measurement analysis and monitoring of core Ceramic Material processes in support of the development and evaluation of ferrimagnetic, ferromagnetic and dielectric based ceramic materials and technical ceramic powders and products.
- Currently enrolled in a BA /BS /MS program with core studies in Ceramics Engineering, Materials Sciences and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Self-starter with keen interest in Ceramic Engineering and Manufacturing
- Completed coursework or experience with Analytical /DOE Software such as JMP or Mini-Tab
- Ability to engage and collaborate Independently or as a member of a Project Team
- Eager to work in an industrial Ceramic Manufacturing environment and a desire to understand the basics of Ceramic Material processing
- Potential interaction with local Universities and travel to campuses to perform advanced analytical testing and measurement correlations
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Demonstrate good Communication, Organizational and Documentation skills
Why join us?
We passionately believe that by working at Skyworks Audio Solutions, you will be joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the Semiconductor Industry. You will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on execution, global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect.
We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and want to invite you to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.