R&D Intern - Woodworking and Composites Adhesives
What you can expect from H.B. Fuller's Internship Program:
You’ll be joining a cohort of talented students from a variety of schools across the U.S. We hire interns into the following positions: Process Engineering, R&D, Strategic Sourcing, Technical Sales, Supply Chain, Product Marketing, Information Technology, and more.
The projects we task our interns to lead are impactful and meaningful to our organization. You’ll be supported by your Manager and Mentor to gain in-depth knowledge of the adhesive industry and collaborate with various departments and functions. We also offer an established path for next-level opportunities - making this internship the starting point for a long-term career path.
Internship Location: St. Paul, MN
Our Internship Experience includes:
- 12-week paid program beginning the end of May to mid-August to gain insight and knowledge in your field.
- Interactive orientation and events with skilled professionals in your field, including managers, directors, and CEO.
- Multiple networking, volunteer and fun events – both virtual and in-person.
- Impactful projects that make a difference internally and externally for H.B. Fuller.
- End of summer final presentation to showcase your career development with support from managers and peers.
The R&D Intern will be assigned a focused project that will support North America’s Engineering Adhesives business. The project will be lab-based and may include mechanical testing and product benchmarking of hot melt-based adhesives. The scope of the project can be tailored to match the intern’s interests.
- The R&D intern’s primary project will involve benchmarking the properties of H.B. Fuller hot melt adhesives as available across global regions. Types of properties that will be measured would include, but not be limited to, mechanical strength, viscosity, open time, and adhesion to various substrates.
- A secondary project may also include benchmarking adhesives to globally defined test methodologies.
- Currently pursuing bachelor's degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, bioproducts engineering, or material science program are preferred.
- The R&D intern should be eager to learn and not afraid to seek guidance from fellow team members as needed.
- Demonstrable hunger to learn and solve problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to network and collaborate with others
- The R&D Intern will work primarily in a laboratory setting with regular handling of chemicals and instrumentation.