SRE Engineer Intern (Summer 2023 REMOTE)
Here, at IQVIA, we are building our internship program around smart, talented students that are excited about shaping the future of human health. As an IQVIA Intern, you are able to create your own experience through insightful interaction with many different business units across the organization that will allow you to help us develop outside the box solutions to help solve some of the most important problems facing the healthcare industry. Every intern experience at IQVIA is unique and with our dedicated Early Talent Team here to take care of you, each intern will experience an inclusive intern community, fireside chats with executives, lunch & learns with various business units, access to our Employee Resource Groups, mentorship, skill shares, end of season presentations and much more!
If you have a passion for making a difference in healthcare, then consider joining the company that created the Human Data Science industry. Participate in a fast-paced clinical technology project as a business analyst, solution architect, data scientist, program manager, software developer, and more.
The Analytics Center of Excellence
Our Analytics Center of Excellence (Analytics COE) harnesses our global healthcare insights, working closely with our clinical and therapeutic experts to power evidence-driven design, speed site activation and recruit the right patients, faster. We’re using big data and advanced analytics to derive insights that transform clinical development and bring new medicines to patients faster through successful trial delivery.
The Site Reliability Engineering Intern will be part of Analytics Center of Excellence. SRE is responsible for the design and implementation of a hybrid cloud strategy including both public cloud (Azure) and on-premises deployments to support distributed software systems that serve an array of scenarios related to clinical trials and other lines of IQVIA’s pharma/tech business.
This is a highly collaborative role working in partnership with peer SREs, IT groups and software engineering teams to stand-up environments, deploy applications, establish metrics, and achieve infrastructure performance and stability targets.
- Collaborate with SRE team members and software development teams
- Actively participate in Agile practices
- Meet with public cloud infrastructure providers
- Work with a mentor to author infrastructure as code and demonstrate the ability to stand-up public cloud environments
- Deploy application code to a public cloud using an automated pipeline
- Learn to establish meaningful SLI’s, SLO’s and SLA’s
- Configure reliability monitoring and alerts
- Increase knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in Devops and Site Reliability Engineering
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Understanding of product development lifecycle
- Linux knowledge
- Basic understanding of microservices and restful services
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing Bachelors or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Preferably a rising junior or senior
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com