Landscape Architect - Land Development
Looking for a terrific place to build your career and write your own success story?
Balzer & Associates is searching for a Landscape Architect. This is an incredible opportunity to lead and grow with an extremely successful firm. At Balzer & Associates, we have been delivering design solutions to clients for over 50 years and are looking for the right team members to contribute to our mission of serving the community. Our employees are recognized as the essential pillars to our development and success; therefore, our focus is on taking exceptional care of not only our clients, but of our team.
When you join our team, you are exposed to all aspects of the design process. As a multi-disciplinary firm, our staff has the unique opportunity to interact, learn, and grow in a collaborative environment where knowledge is gained every day. Our diversity of work and disciplines affords our professionals the opportunity to be involved with a wide variety of projects that provide a foundation on which an outstanding career can be built.
Balzer & Associates offers a competitive, robust benefit package to full-time employees consisting of medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k match; PTO & paid holidays; annual bonus program, discretionary profit sharing, educational reimbursement, employee engagement events, financial wellness education, and other valuable benefits.
The Landscape Architect plans, designs, and directs site development projects such as roads, water supply, sanitary sewer, and subdivision/site plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project
- Visits project site to ascertain existing conditions
- Calculates cost and determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, and design for project
- Administers construction contracts and conducts periodic on-site observations of work during construction to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans and specifications
- Uses computer equipment and engineering and design software and equipment to develop engineering and design solutions
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and produce plans and specifications
- Ability to write effective reports and correspondence
- Possesses a firm understanding of all aspects of site development along with current knowledge of industry trends, technology, codes and regulations
- Embraces teamwork approach and possesses strong communication skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D and other discipline specific software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Architecture from accredited college or university required
- Licensed Landscape Architect with state licensing agency
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organization Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Strategic Thought
- Technical Skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.