Job Title: Polymer & Coatings Science Co-Op (September-December)
Hi! Do you know Technick Products has an exciting opportunity available in South Plainfield, NJ?
This position is open to highly committed college students enrolled in a fully accredited college or university located in New Jersey or New York Metropolitan Area. Unlike a short-term internship project outside of school terms, this role is a long-term and have a potential for extension after the term is completed for undergraduate students. While the candidate is simultaneously taking classes toward an undergraduate degree, this opportunity offers the student valuable professional work experience in a dynamic, family based and culture-driven company with colleagues and leaders in many different roles.
This program is designed for academically competent students who meet program requirements listed below and who can simultaneously succeed both in school and in a professional work environment. Technical key responsibilities include but not limited to conducting laboratory experiments, analysis, data entry, reporting, and presentation of the results and conclusions.
Polymer & Coatings Chemistry Co-Op will assist with preparing samples according to project protocol and related standard operation procedures for variety of different coating systems such as paper. The activities will typically include the physical, chemical, and thermal analysis of aqueous materials and coating systems. Additionally, there may be a limited amount of mechanical polymer testing. The assistant will be responsible for precisely performing tests per written procedures, recording experimental results and observations, as well as data entry. The assistant will be expected to maintain and ensure a safe, organized, and efficient work environment as well as recording all data and results in paper and electronic forms.
The ideal candidate must have wet lab chemistry experience through outside experience and/or their undergraduate lab classes.
What are your day-to-day activities look like?
You will perform a wide variety of testing procedures relating to the sample preparation and application.
You will operate state-of-art equipment such as Particle Size Analyzer, Dynamic Contact Angle Analyzer, FTIR, DSC, TGA, tensile testers, and other chemistry instrumentation which aid in experimental analysis.
What are we looking for in you?
- Current enrollment in a BS program with a major in Chemistry, Material Science, or a degree related to Polymer Technology with a coatings emphasis.
- Competency of following laboratory safety procedures.
- Completion of minimum one semester of class-room wet lab experience in your major
- Competence and interest in coatings or polymers/materials science.
- A Hands-On willingness to process test samples using standard lab equipment and procedures.
- An outgoing personality that is not afraid to ask questions and is comfortable working in a fast pace and dynamic team environment.
- Ability to write reports that summarizes laboratory test results and that communicates data, conclusions, and recommendations in a concise manner.
- Familiarity with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Technick Products recognize that people come with a variety of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. Since we are a culture driven company, if your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We believe that diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Remember, if you do not try, you’ll never know.
Please send your resume firstname.lastname@example.org