Entry Level Architect / Project Designer
Looking for a terrific place to build your career and write your own success story?
Balzer & Associates is searching for an Entry Level Architect. This is an incredible opportunity to lead and grow with an extremely successful firm. At Balzer & Associates, we have been delivering design solutions to clients for over 50 years and are looking for the right team members to contribute to our mission of serving the community. Our employees are recognized as the essential pillars to our development and success; therefore, our focus is on taking exceptional care of not only our clients, but of our team.
When you join our team, you are exposed to all aspects of the design process. As a multi-disciplinary firm, our staff has the unique opportunity to interact, learn, and grow in a collaborative environment where knowledge is gained every day. Our diversity of work and disciplines affords our professionals the opportunity to be involved with a wide variety of projects that provide a foundation on which an outstanding career can be built.
Balzer & Associates offers a competitive, robust benefit package to full-time employees consisting of medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k match; PTO & paid holidays; annual bonus program, discretionary profit sharing, educational reimbursement, employee engagement events, financial wellness education, and other valuable benefits.
The Entry Level Architect researches, plans, designs, and drafts building projects for clients under the supervision of a Project Architect.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with Architect to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time
- Visits project site to become familiar with existing conditions
- Uses manual and electronic tools to measure and record existing conditions
- Assists Architect in layout of project and integrating engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval
- Prepares scale drawings and contract documents for building contractors
- Prepares and files project documentation and transmittals
- Assists Architect in administration of construction contracts and periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans
- Assists in shop drawing review
- Prepares studies and reports
- Prepares project designs and plans using computer assisted design software and equipment
- Maintains equipment in good working condition
- Understands and obeys site safety requirements for construction sites
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the art and science of designing buildings and structures, styles of design, and methods of construction of buildings and other physical structures
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals or government regulations
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Moderate proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit and other discipline specific software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Valid Virginia drivers license and a satisfactory driving record
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree from a five-year college or university
- Must establish and maintain personal NCARB record in preparation of licensure examinations
- Must complete training and testing for licensure within established time frame
- Computer Skills
- Organization Skills
- Problem Solving
- Self Development
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.