Our vision is to be a community in Christ of servant leadership and transformation, seeking a full life for all involved: urban youth, families, volunteers and staff in the neighborhoods of our city.
The mission of UrbanPromise Wilmington is to equip children and young adults through Christ with the skills necessary for academic achievement, life management, personal growth and servant leadership.
An intern is a person with a servant’s heart that is willing to come serve for seven weeks in the inner-city of Wilmington. They are someone who is willing to sacrifice their own needs and wants to love and serve others unconditionally.
Here is a list of duties that an intern will be required to do:
- Teach a class using the provided curriculum 4 times a day 4 day a week (Summer only)
- Teach and create curriculum for different class for after school program throughout the year. ( Classes subjects change)
- Prepare ahead of time all lessons / activities needed for camp, including classes, opening program, and other scheduled activities that would be exciting to the children
- Spend relational time with children to build transforming relationships
- Spend relational time with God
- Participate in all team activities, including community meals, devotions, team meetings, house meetings, etc.
- Provide careful and effective supervision of children during all activities
- Follow daily schedule and participate fully in all activities as outlined in daily schedule
- Follow/develop/prepare curriculum for classes taught and ensure class expectations are met
- Follow discipline and incentive programs as outlined by Program Director
- Contribute to a Christian environment that is fun, safe, clean, colorful, and accepting
- Strive to be on time for all activities
- Participate fully in all set up and clean-up activities
- Ensure the children receive First Aid when needed and follow necessary emergency procedures
- Follow guidelines to ensure that children arrive at the program safely and leave with approved parents/guardians at the end of the day (or in a manner approved by parent/guardian)
- Ensure that Child/leader ratio are maintained as outlined for specific site
- Follow UP’s child protection policies and procedures
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a willing attitude and a servant’s heart
- Must live in UrbanPromise provided housing
URBANPROMISE WILMINGTON provides all housing and living expenses for interns while they intern.