Embedded Software Developer - Spring Part Time, Summer Full Time Intern
Location: Longmont, CO, US
About our group:
We are a team within Systems Data Storage chartered with delivering applications and services to provide a cohesive management and user experience across Seagate systems product lines and applications. This layer of the software stack is responsible for data management, configuration of the storage, health and performance monitoring, and industry-standard interfaces and proprietary interfaces for continual maintenance and service of the storage system to well-known customers from internet-connected device data to huge databases on private clouds.
About the role - you will:
- Contribute to the Web Based Interface that is the top-most layer of the software stack. It is what the end-user interacts with for configuring, managing and monitoring the disk array system.
- Analyze user requirements and contribute to conceiving, designing, and developing these software specifications into embedded software for array devices.
- Assist in the resolution of software defects, contribute to design and code reviews, and maintain software design documentation.
- Learn to develop embedded software within a Linux framework.
- Write automated test cases for software quality assurance.
- Brainstorm ideas and drive design discussions with the local and global team.
- Passionate about user experience for developing software solutions
- Highly motivated developer that is interested in building software from concept to market
- Enjoy finding unique solutions to dynamic customer needs and requirements
- Creative problem solver
- A team-player willing to collaborate and communicate openly with the team
Your experience includes:
- Classwork or experience in front end development
- Familiar with Vue.js or other frameworks such as Angular or React
- Developing in a Linux environment
- Working with version control such as Git or Subversion in a team environment
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree.
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play Ping-Pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base hourly range for this position: $18-24.50. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
Interns typically work Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
Location: Longmont, United States
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.