The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) seeks an intern to support our research initiatives in relevant products, capabilities, and markets. Our areas of interest include drones, driverless and assisted-driving cars and trucks, and unmanned boats, ships and underwater vehicles. This is an exciting opportunity to learn more about unmanned systems and robotics which represent an emerging technology sector with potentially broad economic and social impact. This position will provide support to the education and research team and will involve documentation of existing unmanned platforms as well as analysis on associated data sets.
This is a paid internship and can work remotely in any location. Hours can be flexible.
- Familiarity with engineering terms and related components/systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and common office applications in current MS operating system environments.
- Capable of mathematical calculations like unit conversions.
- Attention to detail.
- Database experience and proficiency with a foreign language are huge bonuses.
- Collect and analyze research on unmanned systems companies and technologies.
- Import technical data into the AUVSI Unmanned Systems and Robotics Database (USRD).
- Interact with internal and external interests with effective communications skills, following accepted standards of business etiquette.
- Organize projects and meet deadlines.
For more information about AUVSI, please visit www.auvsi.org. To apply, send resume with cover letter describing your academic and career goals to firstname.lastname@example.org.