Security Firmware Engineer Intern
Location: Longmont, CO, US
About our group:
You will join a worldwide Security Firmware development team who is responsible for architecting, developing, and deploying secure storage products across the Seagate market space.
About the role - you will:
- Have an opportunity to work with Seagate’s professional in real-world settings.
- Use your academic knowledge in the internship, especially with knowledge with embedded systems.
- Work on embedded software development.
- Learn and develop professional skills of task management and complex problem resolution.
- Strong analytical skills, self-motivated and be able to comprehend and apply his academic knowledge quickly and effectively on the project.
- Demonstrated communication skill and ability to articulate technical issues.
- An interest in academic insight on important data security concerns.
- An interest in academic knowledge on cryptography.
Your experience includes:
- Pursuing a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Electronic Engineering, or related field and returning to school in Fall 2022.
- Demonstrated programming capabilities in one or more languages such as C, C++, assembly, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of micro-controller and its interaction with firmware.
- Academic knowledge of cryptography with strong interest in its industrial application.
- Academic knowledge of basic security protocols and its fundamental design.
- Experience using firmware and hardware development tools (emulators, trace, version control, oscilloscopes, compilers, linkers, and analyzers).
- Academic knowledge or industrial experience in security and cryptography based firmware development.
- Academic knowledge or industrial experience with security and storage security protocol standards.
- Coursework or experience with advanced mathematics.
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base salary range for this position: $17-33. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
In response to COVID-19, this position may temporarily begin and be performed virtually. Seagate is actively evaluating the virus and our employees' health and safety are our top priority. In the future, this position will report to and be performed in our Longmont, CO location.
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm.
The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
Location: Longmont, United States
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.