Seagate Intern - Manufacturing (Graduating HS Senior) - Summer 2022
Location: Bloomington, MN, US
About the role - you will:
- Responsible for activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Set up and operate a variety of automatic or semi-automatic machines used in the production of the company’s products.
- Work from process sheet or written/verbal instructions.
- Check and inspect operations against predetermined tolerances. Includes all assembly, fabrication and machine operation jobs.
- Operate machinery or computer devices to produce a product or service.
- Monitor production processes by reading dials, gauges and operator charts.
- Responsible for monitoring production machines for problems.
- Understand how the equipment is used and can make moderate machine adjustments (May do more difficult tooling replacements or adjustments)
- Monitor special processes being run, make adjustments and document results.
- Test new equipment and document the results for engineering.
- Analyze rework/scrap data to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Perform related work as required.
- Working in a team environment, you will be exposed to senior engineers and will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and learn from them.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follow established procedures on routine work.
- Work closely with a shift engineer
- High school graduate that will be pursuing a science or engineering degree in the Fall of 2022
- The work is 4 days per week and 10 hours each day
- Must be 18 or older
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.