Seagate Intern - Rapid Prototype Shop - Summer 2022
Location: Shakopee, MN, US
About the role - you will:
- Material handling and inspection
- Order picking and shipping
- Machine set-up and operation
- Reading and understanding order tickets and prints
- Machine maintenance
- 5S activities
- Quality inspection with calipers and micrometers
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a technical degree program in machining or tool & die.
- Various industrial machines including, CNC equipment, various hand tools, both manual mills and lathes, inspection equipment, calipers and micrometers.
- Ability to apply skills learned in the classroom to situations in the workplace.
- Ability to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics.
- Ability to do basic programming in Mastercam.
- A good understanding of basic trigonometry.
- A good understanding of basic geometric tolerancing.
- Must be able to understand directions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Have effective problem solving skills.
Your experience includes:
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing clearly and concisely.
- Team Player - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals and work well in a team environment. Ability to recognize and show consideration for others.
- Problem Solving/Innovative - Ability to find a creative solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.
Our Shakopee campus is located 25 minutes southwest of Minneapolis in a setting with a rural vibe – it overlooks a horse racing track and stables, yet it has great entertainment venues close by as well. With wide-open spaces, the campus has plenty of space for running, biking, shooting some hoops or playing volleyball over lunch. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, tournaments and group workouts. Hungry? Seagate offers an on-site café with freshly sourced foods and specialty coffees, or if you prefer, drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away.