Seagate Intern - AI/Machine Learning - Summer 2022
Location: Bloomington, MN, US
About our group:
The AI/Machine Learning research intern will join our highly dynamic, delivery-focused Global Wafer Systems team working on soft sensing research projects that are applicable to wafer manufacturing.
About the role - you will:
You will be expected to engage in the following:
- Research relevant work on data-driven soft sensing methodologies in process monitoring, controlling and optimization
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements and tools to automate data processing and ensure data integrity while meeting data security standards
- Experiment multiple deep learning models and methods and analyze the results
- Work with time-series data, multi-task learning, model interpretability, model deployment and more
- Engineer cutting edge ML/AI research in the control systems space into production-level code
- Come up with new ideas to enrich the soft sensing research field
- Lead projects independently
- Do a formal report on the body of work performed, preferably in the general format of papers appearing in the conference proceedings
- Student pursuing a PhD in control theory/science and engineering, computer science or pertinent field
- Enthusiastic about both research and engineering
- Solid foundational knowledge of machine learning and deep learning methods
- Advanced programming skills with Python and good intuitions on time/space complexity in big data space
- Demonstrate explanatory depth of auto-encoders and their variants, convolutional neural networks, long short-term memory, deep belief networks or other deep learning models
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.