Seagate Advanced Interface Development - VLSI Summer Intern
Location: Longmont, CO, US Shakopee, MN, US
About our group:
Our team is made up of multi-discipline engineers designing IP for integration into SOC’s for Hard Disc Drives (HDD) and Storage Systems. We create and verify various IP needed to connect to a wide range of hosts/fabrics to allow for the seamless movement of data across these interfaces (SATA, SAS, etc). Our IP directly supports Seagate’s continual drive for greater throughput and increased performance.
Seagate is a large company made up of a vast array of inter-related pieces. For the company to be successful, then all of these pieces need to come together towards a common goal. The Advanced Interface Development team is part of the larger VLSI team that is responsible for providing the silicon SoC’s required to run the storage product(s). As such, we are at the forefront of defining and then implementing the chips that will drive Seagate’s products to be Best in Class across all of our product lines. Our team operates across multiple time zones and on multiple projects in parallel to ensure that we provide the product teams with the best features to enable their success. It takes many individuals from different backgrounds and with varying skills working together to do this. Over the past decade alone, we have been very successful at providing leading edge designs that has enabled Seagate to be a leader in the storage industry.
About the role - you will:
- Work with a wide range of people and skills as we develop and then test the latest Interface design IP. This will include a number of tasks ranging from implementing the design using a hardware design language, writing verification (Score Boards, Checkers, etc) using VMM/UVM, applying stimulus and then debugging the functionality.
- Paired with 1 or more engineers to take on a number of tasks to help the team deliver on their project goals.
- Have the opportunity to interact with various other teams as we continue to define features and their usage in the SoC through the project development schedule.
- Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to put into practice a number of subjects that you have studied while in school (classes) as well as learn things that the books may have barely glossed over while you work with highly experienced engineers. The work you will be doing will be directly responsible for the future success of our next generation products.
No travel is required for this internship as you will be working directly with the design and verification team located in either Longmont CO or Shakopee MN.
- Enjoys collaborating with other engineers
- Strong communication skills as you may be partnering with employees at other offices
- Excited to learn and be mentored
Your experience includes:
- An understanding of advanced verification theories and/or logic design concepts with some experience running hardware design language simulators is needed
- Experience or coursework with Verilog and/or System Verilog
- Experience or coursework Perl, C++, Java highly desired
- Working towards a degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science and returning to school in Fall 2022
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base hourly range for this position: $18–$24.50. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
In response to COVID-19, this position may temporarily begin and be performed virtually. Seagate is actively evaluating the virus and our employees' health and safety are our top priority. In the future, this position will report to and be performed in our Longmont, CO location.
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm.
The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate. #internship
Location: Longmont, United States, Shakopee, United States
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.