Seagate Intern - Metrology Development - Summer 2022
Send me alerts every days Create Alert
Share this Job
Location: Bloomington, MN, US
About our group:
Seagate's Recording Heads Operations Advanced Assembly Development organization is seeking an Engineering Intern to lead automation design and technology research projects during summer 2022.
About the role - you will:
Responsibilities of the Metrology Development Intern will include:
Working with an engineering mentor to:
- Learn the engineering fundamentals of metrology equipment, tooling, data analysis, and statistics used in recording head development and manufacturing.
- Perform process & metrology improvement projects to compliment new product designs.
- Hands on training on advanced high precision metrology systems (Laser Scanning Confocal Microscope, White Light Interferometer Microscope, Thin Film Thickness Metrolog, etc.).
- Creating technical documentation to communicate results to the engineering community and share improvements with factories in Asia.
- Completed at least two years of a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, or a related engineering field.
- GPA 3.0 or above.
- Strong practical lab skills including hands-on operation of capital metrology equipment.
- Data analysis experience using Excel, JMP or Minitab.
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.