Seagate Emerging Products and Solutions Summer Engineer Intern (Embedded Systems/Code)
Location: Longmont, CO, US
About our group:
As Seagate wins and grows IT 3.0 and IT4.0 opportunities; highly available secure systems are a key component for realizing this strategic goal. In addition, the Platform team works closely with Hardware, ASIC development and Advanced development teams to provide our state of the art, high capacity system storage solutions which are dependable, safe and secure. The Platform team is on the forefront of enabling “Emerging Products and Solutions”.
About the role - you will:
- Work in a team environment. You will have the challenging opportunity to learn to; design and implement embedded code for state of the art RAID storage systems and solutions.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of C++ and C.
- Have an aptitude for problem-solving and a strong work ethic with the desire to learn and contribute. Strong written and verbal communication is needed.
- Design and development constructs for embedded code utilizing scientific knowledge and basic computer skills to find practical solutions to daily problems. Consists of working with direct complex operations geared toward gaining efficiency, productivity, and accuracy.
- Participate in ongoing code reviews and design meetings to improve embedded code stability, extensibility and security.
- Develop automated test cases to ensure code quality.
- Troubleshoot and resolve defects that are found by our Systems Integration Engineering team or customer support.
You are an analytical thinker and problem solver. You have successful cross-functional team experience through your coursework and projects, including effective communication and interpersonal skills. As a junior member of the team, you have the desire and drive to learn and become a productive member of this team and Seagate as a whole.
Your experience includes:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related degree and enrolled in fall 2022 courses.
- Coursework in Embedded programming.
- C/C++ programming.
- Exposure to Object Oriented programming and design.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- 3.5+ GPA.
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base hourly range for this position: $18-33. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Interns typically work Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
Location: Longmont, United States
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.