Industrial Biotechnology Internship
Note: The Industrial Biotechnology Internship (4 month min.) is geared towards either a 4-month summer internship for rising seniors and grad students or for freshly-graduated seniors and grad students interested in a career in Biotechnology from the following disciplines: biology, chemistry, biotechnology or chemical engineering. Solar Biotech is currently receiving applications from undergraduate and graduate students which have recently completed their studies or will do so by December 2021 to begin a 4-month internship in January 2022. This dynamic, hands-on working internship is designed to prepare interns to become full-time employees at Solar Biotech. Interns that work well together as a team, demonstrate a strong work ethic and recognize the importance of every link in the process chain towards the end result will be offered employment after the internship has been completed.
Industrial Biotechnology Internship
Solar Biotech is developing novel technologies to accelerate the commercialization of Synthetic Biology products. We are building a team of multidisciplinary experts passionate about making a world-changing impact.
Interns will have a chance to get exposed to state-of-art technologies in industrial biotechnology, a rapidly growing industry, which has as one of the main goals to make the production of food ingredients and other key products more sustainable. Interns will be interacting with scientists, engineers, operators, and managers and be helping them accomplish their daily tasks.
The minimum duration of a Research Internship is 4 months, since Solar Biotech will make significant investments in our interns which undergo intensive training so they can operate independently in an industrial biotechnology environment.
The Main Intern’s Responsibilities will include, but will not limited to:
· R&D Laboratory Support: perform daily laboratory tasks, such as biochemical (enzymatic assays, SDS-PAGE, DCW, etc) and chemical analyses (HPLC, UV/VIS Spectroscopy, etc.), assist in sterile microbiological procedures and in preparation and running of bench-scale fermentations. Reporting data to supervisors.
· Production Plant Support: assist in daily plant operations, including preparation of fermentation media and sterilization, monitoring bioprocesses, sampling, mass balance analysis, and tank preparation. Reporting data to supervisors.
· You find technological and operational challenges exciting and enjoy addressing them.
· You excel at multitasking.
· You deliver. You are dependable.
· You are excited to work with and learn from scientists, engineers, and other team members in an industrial biotechnology start-up environment.
· You communicate openly with your colleagues by sharing essential process data.
· You recognize the importance of every link in the process chain towards the end result.
· You are resourceful, flexible, and adaptable; no task is too big or too small for you.
· You have a flexible schedule and are always willing to go the extra mile.
· Junior or senior undergraduate or graduate student in chemistry, biology, chemical engineering or related discipline interested in a career in biotechnology.
· Attentive to detail, observative and ability to focus on the assigned tasks, hardworking and responsible.
What We Offer:
· An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from industrial biotechnology.
· Training in industrial biotechnology.
· Growth Potential. We will consider offering permanent employment, after graduation, to the best interns.
· Snacks and soft drinks provided.
As in every technology development company, the working schedule varies depending on demand by our clients. You will need to communicate in advance about any changes in your schedule. If you integrate well in our team and you feel happy about working with us, we could extend another offer at a higher pay rate on a permanent basis. We are looking for employees who will be fully vested in our business vision, success of the business, and who will want to grow together with us, both financially and professionally.
Solar Biotech provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.
Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time (30-45 hr/week).
Pay: $15.00 per hour, negotiable depending on experience
Masks and hand sanitizers provided. Social distancing recommended.
If you are interested, please, email your resume to: Lisa Wade, firstname.lastname@example.org