Seagate Intern - Lithography Process Development - Summer 2022
Location: Bloomington, MN, US
About our group:
Our team’s mission is to develop new processes for state-of-the-art recording head technology. Recording head process technology encompasses all disciplines employed in semiconductor wafer process technology, performed in a clean room environment.
The Lithography Process Development group is looking for an engineering student with extraordinary potential to further our team’s lithography capabilities through model development, optimization and execution of related experiments. As an intern you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on real projects that contribute to the development of next generation of magnetic recording heads.
About the role - you will:
- Develop technical understanding of leading-edge lithography processes including photoresist processing, optical exposure and lithography related metrology.
- Learn to use industry standard lithography simulation tools to develop and optimize physical models of lithography processes.
- Learn how to design and execute experiments in support of lithography process development
- Assist engineers in investigation of process failures and development of new processes through in-depth data analysis.
- Document and communicate your findings to the team and management on regular basis
- Work with and learn from a team of experienced engineers with various engineering backgrounds
- Contribute to development of the next generation of magnetic recording heads.
- Student pursuing an MS or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry or Physics.
- Lithography, etch, plating, film deposition or metrology.
- Experience with Matlab, JMP and S-Litho or Prolith software packages
- Experience with physical modeling and simulation.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge in statistics and data analysis.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Relevant course work and knowledge in one or more semiconductor processes:
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.