Seagate Software Engineer Summer Intern
Location: Longmont, CO, US
About our group:
The SRG (Seagate Research Group) organization is responsible for delivering the next generation of storage solutions. Creating new ways of creating, managing and delivering data across the world.
About the role - you will:
- Develop software solutions in C/C++
- Work with the SRG team to deliver software on-time of high quality
- Highlight opportunities for performance/feature enhancements
- Learn new technologies
- Add features to NoSQL databases to accommodate our clients’ requirements.
- Create and maintain software solutions that allow us to storage and retrieve data in a more innovate ways
- Actively contribute to code reviews with the team to ensure delivery of best-in-class software quality
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong documentation skills
- Good communication skills
Your experience includes:
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in robotics, computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering or other related degree and enrolled in Fall 2022 courses
- Software development skills:
- Version control and issue tracking
- Failure analysis and debugging
- Linux software development (desired but not required)
- Networking protocols (desired but not required)
- Data analysis and processing
- Knowledge of cmake, Wireshark, tcpdump (desired but not required)
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base salary range for this position: $17-33. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
In response to COVID-19, this position may temporarily begin and be performed virtually. Seagate is actively evaluating the virus and our employees' health and safety are our top priority. In the future, this position will report to and be performed in our Longmont, CO location.
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm.
The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
Location: Longmont, United States
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.