Seagate Servo Engineering Summer Intern
Location: Longmont, CO, US
About our group:
The Servo Engineer Intern at our Longmont, CO facility is heavily focused on you working as a member of the Servo Engineering Department. Their focus is on hard disk drive Servo Systems.
About the role - you will:
- Assist with the team to develop and deploy advanced embedded control system technologies to meet the high-density tracking, performance, and reliability requirements of enterprise hard disk drive systems.
- Partner with others to develop real-time embedded firmware and electronics for realization of advanced high complexity controls systems.
- Specify, integrate and validate electronic and electrical systems to enable realization of the control system requirements
- Understands and enjoys working on digital and analog circuits, digital control systems concepts, and C firmware
- Strong communication and technical leadership skills as you will be working with various teams and team members
- Willingness and ability to support after hour calls as part of a global team.
Your experience includes:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's in Electrical / Computer Science / Mechanical / Physics / Aerospace engineering or other related degree and enrolled in fall 2022 courses.
- Some coursework in development, testing and integration of algorithms for position feedback tracking control, vibration compensation, motor control, servo pattern demodulation and seek waveform generation.
- Some exposure through class projects, or internships in developing and maintaining processes for design and validation of embedded control systems.
- Software programming skills - C, MatLab, Python
- Experience in Digital Control Systems concepts
- Accomplished lab skills, including the operation of oscilloscopes, trace tools, data collection tools and data analysis techniques.
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base hourly range for this position: $18-24.50. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
In response to COVID-19, this position may temporarily begin and be performed virtually. Seagate is actively evaluating the virus and our employees' health and safety are our top priority. In the future, this position will report to and be performed in our Longmont, CO location
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Location: Longmont, United States
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.