Seagate Program/Project Manager Intern
Location: Longmont, CO, US
About our group:
Seagate Technology announces an opening for an intern to join our New Products Introduction Program team within our Systems business unit.
About the role - you will:
In this high-visibility position, you are a self-motivated and curious individual, ready to learn and map processes, and to make improvements in those processes. You will be a part of a dynamic team that represents all the following groups: Materials organization functions (Commodity Management Team [CMT], Supplier Engineering [SE], Cost, Purchasing, and Regional Supplier Quality Engineering [SQE]).
Responsibility extends from assisting on initial new product development samples through to the successful and launch and ramp of products into mass production.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Learn to interface with contract manufacturer and internal factories – responsible for driving material underpinning and build planning and execution
- Assist in the creation and documentation of Supplier Sourcing Plans (SSP) with CMT ensuring dual sources for components
- Supporting in the completion of Product Life Cycle Process (PLCP) deliverables for the Materials Program Manager module and supporting functions
- Driving documentation completion for Design for Mfg, Cost, Assy and Test (DFX) closure
- Assist in delivering complete package to Contract Manufacturer (CM) and Seagate volume factory sites of required (released and actionable drawings, BOMs, specs, test plans, assy documentation, etc)
- Support senior staff for managing Engineering Changes (EC’s) to align with product NPI builds and minimize obsolete and excess inventory.
- Collaborate with staff to ighlight opportunities for configuration commonality and reduction of supply chain complexity – record actions to close or accept as is
- Verify new suppliers are on CM & Seagate Approved Supplier List (ASL).
- Ensure CM has orders in place to ensure tooling capacity supports development builds and product launch and ramp
- Understand supply chain flow and risks and take actions to mitigate adverse impact on material underpinning
- Assist the team with product yield requirements and assumptions by Phase
- Verify and publish CM current yields by Phase
- Collaborate with core team members and CM to develop and publish yield improvement plan.
- Provide program reviews, highlighting accomplishments, challenges and issues (with actions, owners and dates for issue items)
- Coordinate material cost issues with CMT and Finance
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results driven
- Detailed and thorough with strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Works well under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Confident and able to effectively exercise independent judgment
- Interested in learning about contract manufacturing, manufacturing operations and global sourcing
- Desire to gain program management skills: experience in operations and a track record of initiating, planning, executing, managing and closing program and product mile-stones dates, on-time and within budget.\
- Enjoys taking on new challenges
Your experience includes:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Program or Materials Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or related field
- Coursework in process mapping, project management and supply chain.
- Possession of business acumen
- Proficient in MS Project, MS Office
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base hourly rate range for this position: $17 – $27. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
In response to COVID-19, this position may temporarily begin and be performed virtually. Seagate is actively evaluating the virus and our employees' health and safety are our top priority. In the future, this position will report to and be performed in our Longmont, CO location.
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Location: Longmont, United States
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.