Seagate - Packaging Project Management Intern
Location: Fremont, CA, US
About our group:
Packaging is an integral part of Global Marketing Organization (GMO) deliverables and Consumer Solutions Group (CSG) go-to-market product launches. You will report to the packaging manager and work closely with packaging designers and internal stakeholders in the development and execution of packaging deliverables for printing.
About the role - you will:
• Be responsible managing packaging workflow, meeting program deadlines and be the liaison amongst packaging designers (75%), internal stakeholders (20%) and Creative Services (5%).
• Document and track project status; provide daily reports to packaging manager.
• Adhere to guidelines set forth by packaging manager and Creative Services while implementing on packaging artworks.
• Drive packaging schedule for an array of packaging segments and printed deliverables from start to end of artwork development.
• Facilitate and manage review cycles ensuring stakeholders review and submit their decision in a timely manner including quick start guides, capacity labels and inserts.
• Follow up and obtain stakeholders approval including legal and Customer Technical Support (CTS).
• Proofread and quality check final deliverables are accurate, meet print spec requirements before artworks are posted to prepress agency.
• Desire to champion a leading role in packaging development and project management.
• Experienced “owning” projects from kickoff-to-end of delivery.
• Proven ability to self-manage work and thrives for operational excellence.
• Confident, and independently able to lead multiple projects while engaging directly with packaging designers, cross-functional teams and creative leadership team.
• Have a keen eye for detail, possess a problem-solving mindset and exceptional organizational skills.
• Understands the importance of processes and workflows and leading that effort daily.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Your experience includes:
• Artwork print production, prepress or in-house creative/agency experience. 1-2 years.
• Project management experience in any capacity with willingness to learn more.
• Clear, concise and consistent communication in both written and verbal form.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, tight deadlines, and work autonomously.
• Prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups.
Location: Fremont, CA
Our Gold LEED-certified Fremont product-design campus drives innovation, bringing together a diverse set of engineering, design, operations, support and administrative teams. The site is equipped with state-of-the-art clean room and lab space. On-site social activities are popular, including our annual BBQ, ice cream social, and holiday events. Wellness programs, gaming rooms and the on-site fitness center help round out and balance your Seagate work-life experience, along with opportunities to give back to our local community.
Location: Fremont, USA, Research Center
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.