Package Research and Development Engineering Intern JR0180869
- Packaging Research and Development Engineering Intern provides project management package design development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies various other electronic components and/or completed units.
- The graduate intern will be responsible for the assembly and substrate pathfinding, defect/process characterization and identifying key mechanisms that contribute to root cause identification. The candidate will conduct hands on lab work and define analytical data acquisition strategy and failure analysis plan as well as recommend corrective actions/fixes to internal customers. Other duties may include failure analysis to develop innovative techniques/approaches to accelerate failure identification and mechanism understanding.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavior traits:
- Provides consultation concerning packaging assembly problems and improvements in the manufacturing process.
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
- 12 months availability for internship.
This is an internship and compensation will be given accordingly based on candidates education level and internship duration.
- You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
- Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork and/or classes and/or research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Candidate must be pursuing a Master's degree or PhD in either Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Chemistry, Physics or related field.
- 3+ months of related experience in some of the following areas:
- SEM, AFM, XRD, Raman, stress measurements and fault isolation techniques.
- 1+ years of experience in the following:
- Understanding of AFM for dimensional data collection/automation and AFM modules such as AFM-IR, KPFM, phase imaging, etc.
- Low Yield Analysis (LYA yield) Failure Analysis (FA) electrical test or Quality Reliability.
- Analytical techniques: FTIR, Raman, XPS, TGA, DSC, mechanical tests and other package level FA techniques.