R&D Intern - Logan, UT (Summer 2022)
In this summer internship, you will provide technical support to Research Scientists and to customers by preparing requested customer samples, assisting in running pilot and plant trials and conducting a variety of technical support activities including shelf life testing, sensory evaluations and testing, ingredient screening, test development and product functionality testing.
This internship assists with customer sample development, product applications, competitive evaluations, product improvement and product transfers.
This role helps support the team and leading projects involving the following: Customer sample development, plant trials and technical support activities.
Internship will start in May 2022 and is located at our plant in Logan, UT.
What you’ll do:
- Follow the Production Development Process/SOP to develop and commercialize new products. Prepare cheese, yogurt and other product type samples as requested by customers through the project request process. Coordinate/assist with new product scale up pilot and plant trials including formulation, weighing, cooking, recording and reporting of results. Develop defined work plans, conduct experiments, and write reports. Apply basic quality tools and explore new project work.
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal are required.
- Assist Home Office R&D with exploratory project work and documentation of technical information
- Serve as an effective R&D team member. Accomplish projects and tasks through teamwork with R&D scientists, operations, marketing, engineering, and customers.
- Provide a wide range of technical assistance to Home Office R&D, Scientists and Staff. Some of the key areas of help will be in addressing ingredient screening, data analysis of both trial and plant production runs, etc.
What you need to exceed:
- Currently pursuing an advanced degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or a related field.
- Ability to work up to 40 hours during the summer of 2022
- Candidate must be computer literate, have good communication and organizational skills, a high attention to detail, mechanical aptitude and the ability to work effectively with other Schreiber partners
- Must have reliable transportation
Qualifying Positions Offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program