Cyber Summer Internship
Are you someone who is motivated and excited at having an opportunity to learn and grow your skillset this summer? Do you want to collaborate with other researchers, scientists, and engineers in your field of study and apply your knowledge and skills on projects that solve real problems? Do you want to work with people that you can learn from and gain new skills? If you said ‘yes' to any of these questions, then a summer internship at STR is the internship for you!
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employee skills, talents, and work ethic are essential to our success. Join us this summer for the chance to work on something meaningful and challenging. You'll be paired with a mentor and get the chance to work on projects with our staff and solve hard problems to enhance our nation's security.
- Students will work as part of project teams with mentorship from experienced staff
- Collaborate with technical experts to solve problems related to cyber security, cyber vulnerability research, cyber agent technology, signal processing, image/video processing, machine learning, statistical estimation, and optimization
- Support all phases of projects:
- Problem design
- Solution discovery
- Development of prototype algorithms and systems in software and/or hardware
- Experimentation and data analysis
- System implementation/integration for test and fielded systems
- Enrollment in a BS, MS or PhD degree program in electrical engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics, or related technical discipline
- Strong academic record and interest in research
- Background/experience in one of the following areas: signal processing, image/video processing, machine learning, cyber physical systems, reverse engineering, cyber vulnerability research, computer vision, computational hardware, embedded systems, RF hardware, software development, “big data” processing, scientific computing skills (MATLAB, python)
- Competitive pay
- Free housing at a local university
- Fun summer activities both inside and outside the office
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We're not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at email@example.com and provide your name, phone number and email address.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws